Friday 29 April 2011

Ikea Bank Holiday Jaunt




So yesterday we ventured courageously up to Ikea Edmonton in this, my friend Pob's veterinary ambulance. Unfortunately it doesn't have a siren, but there was a lot of whooping and squealing coming from inside as our excitement about our trip escalated and we tried, not always successfully, to follow the vehicle's extremely fickle satnav. Some people hate Ikea. I love it, and having a a whole ambulance to to fill with stuff was all the incentive I needed to buy rather more superfluous kitchen items than I should have done. Many many glass jars were placed in the trolley, many different kinds of tupperware, a jug, some ice-cube trays and a colourful set of knives which look the part but probably aren't very sharp (a bit like the sucker who might purchase such an item). One of my star buys was this cushion, which I've seen and admired in a few friend's houses.


I'm completing on the flat on the 12th of May, going to the dentist the day before and a music festival the day after. The timing is not ideal but I can't wait to get in there and start decorating. I'm picturing grey. I'm picturing orange. This is another recent purchase.


Just some Ikea fabric I loved stretched over a canvas bought from this place. Need to work out how best to arrange my jars and knives around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment