Tuesday 5 April 2011

So Long, Rocking Chair





So I suppose I've made amends with the fact that this beauty will never be mine. She played a prominent role in my latest living room fantasy (the fantasy where everything in my living room is made of teak) but I guess that's the nature of Ebay - it's cut throat and it doesn't care about your sappy dreams. Saying that, my sister did give me some sage advice which made me hesitate in placing a bid - never buy a chair you haven't tried out first, because there's no way of telling whether it's comfortable until you actually put your butt on it. I suppose a sofa is different because even if it's desperately uncomfortable you can always lie down. That's certainly my preferred approach. I guess the whole spinster-in-a-rocking chair look is probably a little tired anyway. Got to find a new shtick, and a new fantasy chair.

My now habitual cruising of the internet for home decor means those intuitive Google banner ads offer a ceaseless conveyor belt of beautiful furniture that I probably want or think I might want, and certainly want to get a closer look at. It's like they know I've become a total bore and think it's funny to mock me. Being prone to suggestion and a compulsive new tab opener this basically means that anything I ever try to do online that doesn't involve looking at coffee tables is inevitably sidelined. For many, many hours. It was one of those banner ads that led me to these, however.



I ordered four to make allowances for the fact that I will definitely break three of them in the 35 years it takes me to repay my mortgage. I've got something to eat my meals-for-one off - it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment